Thursday 8 August 2013

Still More Quad War....

*Big sigh* Alright then, let's see if I can get the rest of the Quad War pictures up and then I can go on to other things.... like hand-stitched linen stockings (yes, that's my next project).

Don't know why I've titled these posts "Quad War", really. I didn't get away from my cabin to see any fighting. Too busy with teaching, selling, cooking, cleaning and walking the dogs. And spending time with friends and family.... that's important!

By the third day of the event there wasn't much left in my shop

My other daughter stopped by before strolling down Merchants' Row. She camps a few minute' walk away from our cabin, down in the Myrgan Wood bush near the Lost Viking Estates

The dogs (Pepper the Schnauzer mix and Ani the Redbone coonhound) spent much of the event relaxing on our bed. It takes them a while to recover after a walk.... all that sniffing and pulling and barking is exhausting!

In the evenings we usually sat indoors with friends. (I made a fire in the fire pit a couple of times but no one gathered around....)  The cabin is really cozy when I light the oil lamps; unfortunately the camera flash spoils the effect.

The closest I came to the fighting was watching my son walk away with the wagon (to be used for transporting armour and weapons)

I walked outside just in time to watch one of my grandsons flying the kite he made!
There! That was much easier than last night. I guess I must be learning, slowly. Now I can go downstairs and start on those stockings. Or maybe I should do some clean-up first? My sewing room is still a disaster area after the pre-Quad sewing frenzy. I should take a picture....

No comments:

Post a Comment