Saturday 9 November 2013

And the Small Stuff….

Yesterday I spent a lot of time blogging about the "bigger" events, the ones which involve travel and/or  major expenses. Now I want to catch up on the small, everyday stuff that makes up my life. (Where did I read "Take care of the little things, for someday you may discover they were the big things" ?)

I enjoy being with people. I spend a lot of time with my family -- my parents, my children and grandchildren. (We don't get together with the siblings as often as we'd like because they all have their own families.) We always enjoy getting together with friends -- both the church friends and the SCA friends. Then there are the people I meet through my volunteer work: the Food Bank clients and the ESL students, and the people who call on Dirk with their automotive problems. Oh, and I almost forgot my Sunday School kids! (Yes, I still enjoy teaching.)

I enjoy my dogs, Pepper and Parker. We have small dogs now (downsizing) but I still "have" to go for a walk or two every day, and that's a good thing (as I keep reminding myself while the weather gets colder).

I enjoy my time spent alone, working on my hobbies. I know I have too many hobbies and too much "stuff" associated with each hobby but for now we have the room to accommodate my pack-rat habits (and Dirk's pack-rat habits too).

I visit my parents at least once a week. Often they "need help" with a puzzle.


Sometimes my grandchildren help me with dog-walking.

The medieval cooking group met at my house to plan Yule Feast (with home-made sausages)

I've been doing some inkle-weaving.

 I've been buying books….. some are easy reading and some are definitely not!

Then there's the sewing…. slowly working my way through the fabric stash (and buying more fabric, shhhh!)

Brewing also takes up time and space


At the end of the day it's good to sit down with a glass of wine. I make a lot of wine (with some help from friends) but much of it is given away to family and friends. To me, wine is symbolic of good times and abundant blessings -- which I love to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment