Friday 8 November 2013

Long Time No Blog


Where did the time go?

Oh, I was busy with lots of  things…. too busy just doing to write about doing.


I'll admit that my Tribal Wars game takes up more time than it should; however, the end is in sight. It looks like the game world I play on will end mid-December. I get dizzy just thinking about all that "extra" free time -- so many possibilities! 


My new tent arrived. We had time to set it up in the back yard before the snow came. A big "thank you" to Hjalti who helped make the poles! The first chance we'll have to actually try out  the tent will be at Estrella War in February (that's down near Phoenix , Arizona).

We found the side walls were much straighter with the addition of a short pole at each corner.
We put some furniture inside, just to see what would fit. It's not big but big enough. 

At the end of September we went up to Grande Prairie for Vinfest. That was before the tent arrived, so we took the Boler. Juliane (Jennifer) came along with us, and so did our dogs. Beautiful drive, beautiful site. I sold some garb and also bought a few items from other merchants.

I think the Boler has even less interior space than the tent does.
The merchant and her wares. Note the belt pouch -- a gift from Joan the Just.
Juliane shows off her dress, which she completely hand-stitched (with some supplies and direction from me).
The people of Vinjar provided a delicious feast!







A couple of weeks later we drove into Saskatchewan for Thanksgiving Day celebrations with our daughters and their families. Along the way we took in Myrgan Wood Anniversary (in Dalmeny, near Saskatoon).

There were lots of craft activities to keep my rambunctious grandsons  entertained

A hunker-down game (like tug-of-war on a wobbly platform)

We had fun!



1 comment:

  1. Good to see you're keeping busy, Mom! Nice tent! Where did you buy it from?

    ReplyDelete