Friday 14 March 2014

More About That Hood….

Looking over my pictures on the computer I found a few more shots of the buttoned hood.  They were taken last August. Yes, that's how long ago I started the project. I took pictures of the early stages of construction just in case I wanted to enter it in an A&S competition. I didn't get around to doing the documentation, of course, although I do remember my references. Maybe I should bring the hood to Winter War? I understand one war point goes to the side with the most unfinished A&S projects….

It would have made more sense to just edit my previous post about the hood, but no -- I can't do that. I tried…..  This is all part of my struggle with posting. I just don't seem to be able to add any text after a picture: it always wants to become part of the last picture's caption. I know there must be a simple way to do this but it eludes me….

That's why all my posts are so tediously similar in layout: first text, then pictures with captions. *Sigh*

And while I'm venting my frustration with a simple blog program, let me add that I want to use the Helvetica typeface. That's not the default and I don't seem to be able to change the default. Oh sure, the checkmark is beside Helvetica and the title of each post shows up that way but the rest looks more like Times New Roman. Then I have to change each text block and each caption.

A real 14th-century merchant wouldn't have had to deal with this. 
Still, dealing with computer frustration is a minor hardship compared to rats and the plague!

Using a bathroom mirror to get a side view. One of my daughters has pointed out to me that I really need to  improve my "selfie" technique

The basic pattern pieces, partially basted together. Obviously the lining of the liripipe is not as long as the outer layer

No comments:

Post a Comment